Friday, February 09, 2007

Valentine's day

I'm still deliberating whether I should go for the anti-Valentine's Day dinner at Timbre Bistro.

The main attraction, according to the organisers, is the "beef and chicken" served at the buffet. Of course, wine will be served. Nevertheless, I believe it would be novel spending Valentine's day with friends from my faculty instead of burning my money on some "true-love-of-the-day" whom I won't even be talking to the next Valentine's Day (my fate for the last five years).

To me, Valentine's Day is analogous to the day my parents pay income tax. Within one day, I am bled dry and in the red. When the roses have died and the chocolates have been eaten, the bitter, astringent after-taste of poverty creeps up your tongue.

This year, I resolve to spend Vdae splurging on myself instead of another person. I will pamper myself with a good meal with friends or a round of after-work drinks with my classmates (NOT at Brewerkz again!). Of course, if I am too lazy to make plans or if I am feeling unsociable and crabby, I can always choose to work on my appellate memorial.

In the library.

Alone.

*Postscript: I eventually brought forward my Vdae plans and had dinner with her last night. I really appreciate the fact that she was able to take all the emotional baggage that I was hurling at her. I admit that I was behaving like a thoroughly spoilt six year old.

The long day, the prospect of returning to school during the weekend and the fact that we had to wait nearly an hour for a table at Crystal Jade Palace made me moody and sullen. Moreover, I wanted very much to try the food at Marmalade Pantry@ Palais Renaissance. I was not exactly ecstatic about having Chinese food, even if it was Crystal Jade. Nevertheless, I went on a binge and ordered enough food for a medium-sized family.

Although I ate so much that I got heartburn, we still could not finish the food. She just came from a company function and was not exactly ravenous. I have always had a small appetite.

I ended up carting the leftovers home.

I think I shall have them for lunch today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home