Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas is here again.

Which means the holidays are going to end soon.

The thought of going back to school lurks behind my mind like the ghost of Christmas past, even as I am stuffing my face with turkey and honey-baked ham. When I think of the killer traffic along Bukit Timah road during peak hour, I feel very sian.

Plus, I'll be getting back my contracts paper in the first contract tutorial, according to a credible source. That's the paper I did not finish and will probably get a crap grade in. I am sooo NOT looking forward to getting it back.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it as it comes. In the mean time, I'll just try to enjoy the festive cheer without worrying too much about the first day of school.

Went to vik's party on Friday night. Great food, smooth drinks and very cute chicks. I loved the party except for the horrid Tenacious D soundtrack that he was playing in the background.

You know that Vik has put in alot of effort to make the event successful when he greets you with a clean-shaven chin. and a decent shirt. The man finally decided to shave! He looks so much better without The Black Forest growing out of his face. He was starting to look like Jack Black, but I never had the heart to tell him that.

I spent most of the party sandwiched between two blokes who were flushed from too much Hoegarden. No prizes for guessing who those two guys were. Suffice to say, I was a bit worried about the state of events, considering that one of them was the D.D. for the evening.

The following evening, I went to Mingwei's house.

We dined alfresco in the soft glow of scented candlelight. Micheal Buble was singing "The Christmas Song" in the background. The girls cooked fabulous fettucine Marinara...The best part must have been the wine and cherries! And the other gorgeous desserts which the host plied us with!

It was a wonderful Christmas dinner...Definitely one which I will remember for many years to come.

I'll be throwing my own party this evening. I've discharged most of my obligations and delegated most of my duties. The food should meet the standard of the reasonable man. I'm crossing my fingers that there would not be a shortfall in presents and that my guests would enjoy this evening's event.

After the party, I hope I have some time to spare to go for drinks with Ken and the rest.

Anyway, here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Let's hope that everyone has a meaningful and fulfilling Christmas:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home