Saturday, December 02, 2006

Con-Tort-ed No More!

Finally...the time has come to flush my torts textbooks down the cistern!

No more sleepless nights (yar right)...No more heart palpitations...No more waking up in the middle of the night screaming "snails in beer"!

No more worrying about medical negligence, pure economic loss, nervous shock, statutory authorities, omissions, private and public nuisance, trespass, medical trespass, battery, assault, false imprisonment, wrongful birth, wrongful life, wrongful death, conversion, Advanced Medical Directives, vicarious liability, personal non-delegable duty, calculation of damages and of course, Mr. "The Reasonable Man"!

So long Rylands v. Fletcher! Ciao Wilkinson v. Downton! Adios Amigos Anns v. Merton Borough Council! Nice knowing you Donoghue v. Stevenson!

*Muahaha*

I hate taking law exams...I always feel like shit after every test, mainly because I (a) studied the wrong topic or (b) studied the wrong subject for the exam. Today's test went relatively smoothly. The only thing force majure that threatened my sense of equilibrium today was a raging stomach upset. I wonder who the twit who came up with the dainty metaphor "butterflies in my stomach" was...it seemed like alligators were wrestling and kangaroos were having a mass orgy in my gut. Nevertheless, I managed to soldier on like the tough, old warrior that I am.

After the exam, I confronted a moral dilemma of epic proportions.

I had to choose between going out with Group A, comprising close friends who have gone through thick and thin with me; and Group B, comprising close friends who have gone through thick and thin with me.

The difference was, Group B had girls.

At this point, I proclaim my undying love for both groups of friends. However, in the ensuing melee outside the MPSH post the torts exam, I ended up leading Group B to Harbourfront. This outcome was not the result of a conscious, informed choice but a snap decision made in the fog of war...Will you forgive me dear Group A?

I'm sure you would:)

Went to VivoCity for lunch. Hordes of children were running around. Sorry, I retract my statement. They were not running around... more like running amok.

Battalions of frantic Filipino maids struggled to restrain these juvenile delinquents-to-be while their "anxious" parents/legal guardians "anxiously" scrutinised the array of consumer goods stacked on the shelves. One of the little tyrants was pulling his maid's hair and screaming his commands into her trembling ears. Another tyrant wasted a 5 buck ice cream by pelting his friend with it.

I shook my head and sighed, having witnessed the perfect upbringing.

I hope these parents blame themselves at some point in the future when these naughty children turn into angsty teenagers who slam doors, listen to Rage Against The Machine and scream "You don't understand me!" when their parents tell them to pass the salt.

My friends and I went Thai for lunch. I had a pretty good basil beef with rice. What was not so good was the sudden realisation that the same meal would cost me 2 per cent more next year. At this point of time next year, the actual price and the make-believe price in the menu would differ by a whopping SEVENTEEN PER CENT.

Oh dear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Notso Smartvik Ram said...

As a valued member of Group A, I am appalled by your blatant act of gender discrimination (if this is a tort, it is missing from your ad nauseam "crystallisation" of the whole syllabus)! Consider yourself dismissed! Ok. I'm just being angsty. I'm sorry. I'm just going to slam the door to my room and pop a Rage CD into the CD changer. Oh and please pass the salt.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home