Thursday, November 23, 2006

Feveroles

I've done it.

I have reached law Nirvana.

My intellectual enlightenment was attained when I woke up in the middle of the night and shrieked, "Feveroles!"

For about five minutes, I stared into space like a nitwit wondering what the heck Feveroles were...and then the bits and pieces slowly trickled into my mind...

Feveroles were those damn Mexican horse beans that caused two ding dongs to bring a law suit before the UK Court of Appeal for a common mistake!

Finally, I've gone where no law student has gone before!!!

I've reached the state where my subconscious mind actually works on legal issues while my conscious mind sleeps! Muahaha...

Admittedly, it would have been much more helpful if my subconscious mind had distilled the rules in Rose v. Pym; but hey, working out the subject matter of the contractual dispute ain't a bad start at all:)

This echoes an incident a couple of months back...

I was muttering the word, "consideration" repeatedly in the midst of an unexpected and unplanned power nap when my mum woke me up...

"Boy ah! If you had studied hard enough you won't be saying the same thing over and over lar! You'd be talking about other things mah!"

That, according to my mum, would have made me the law student of law students....

Au contraire, I believe that would make me a freak show.

Can you imagine me doing it in the law library? I can already picture a mob pointing at me and laughing while I critique some obscure case in my sleep...with tape recorders in their opportunistic hands of course.

Exam blues are really getting to me...was supposed to start my new fitness regime last week, but the rain implied that the only exercise I could do was read Men's Health and stare in envy at the sculpted washboard abs of the dudes inside...

I'm pretty sure that if I work hard, I would be able to achieve the same results...

With Adobe Photoshop.

The only fun thing I did this week was write some orbiter dictums for a local publication that has been criticised by foreign voices for its compliance to the establishment. haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home