Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One hour and fifteen minutes later...

We parted one hour and fifteen minutes ago.

I shan't lie to myself and tell myself that I won't be missing her.

I missed her the moment we said goodbye.

Nevertheless, dinner tonight was simply great. We've known each other for a long time. Yet each time we share our thoughts, she never fails to teach me something important about life. From her, I've learnt so much...

I've learnt not to take myself too seriously, and to let go of the heavier things.

I've learnt not to take the people around me for granted.

I've learnt the importance of being sensible.

I've learnt that you can be true to yourself even as the world around you compels you to change with it.

Tonight, she taught me to be patient. In the months ahead, patience is something that I'd need.

There's something wise about her words that makes you look at yourself and try to change for the better. But I don't think she realises it.

When she leaves, I'll be both happy and sad. It was not easy for her to earn the opportunity to live her dream. I pray that God lights up every step of her journey. I'm sure she has the courage and faith to overcome the obstacles that stand between her and her dreams. She has always been strong and sensible.

At the same time, I'll stay right where I am and wait.

Not for her to come back quickly, but for her to fulfil her dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home